At the Microchip MASTERs conference in Phoenix from August 17th to 22nd, Keith Vogel taught 5 sessions of his “Intro to chipKIT Platform” class. The class covered a range of introductory topics, including a discussion of compatibility issues with the Arduino system.
The goals of the chipKIT platform were listed as follows:
- Easy access to professional applications and libraries for new users
- Rapid prototype development tools
- Migration between easy to use IDEs and professional IDEs
- The same ease-of-use as Arduino when using Arduino-style IDEs
- Substantial source code compatibility with Arduino
Team members Rick Anderson, Brian Schmalz and Chuck Hellebuyck were on hand to answer questions and help out with the labs. It was a popular class, and over 125 chipKIT T-shirts were given away to attendees. The class presentation in PDF format is available here: Introduction to chipKIT Development Platform