Refund?

demineerija

Re: Refund?

Post by demineerija » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:27 am

Considering the price and package... I couldn't care less about the arduino functionality.

It is a great PIC32 development board.
Using it with MPLAB C32/Pickit3 and could not be any happier with it.

Easy to connect to breadboards and you can basicaly test and implement any application you wish. All those I/O are just accessible so easily.

So why to rant? When you can unleash the true power of PIC32 :)

But if you are into arduino.. I guess it blows :D

les1943

Post by les1943 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:23 pm

I came to Uno32 from having a lot of ‘fun’ and reasonable results with MPLAB , asm files and 8 bit PICs , Having no C experience I have struggled a bit with implementing my designs , I seem to have spent more cash on programming books than hardware !. I have modified code examples found on the various Arduino sites, so far not used any libraries other than wire , the Uno32 works very well, :D I have a MCP23800 driving a 4x20 LCD and a 24LC256 EEPROM both functioning on I2C and now adding a DS1307 RTC , and then serial transceivers .

I have a couple of Qs

MPIDE compile errors (red) have line numbers , but no option to turn them on in the code frame ?!
And what are the little blue lines and boxes that pop up for ?
and could someone suggest a site to go for help with ‘defective’ code.

My very first processor project was a RCA CDP1802 so you may guess I am a bit past 50.

lloyddean

Post by lloyddean » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:44 pm

I say make the suggestion for a "Programming Questions" forum section.

But in the meanwhile post such thing in the "General Discussion" section. They'll get the hint!