Install chipKIT Software
You bought your board, now how do you get started? Here’s some direction.
1. Install MPIDEIf you are a new user of chipKIT platform, download the latest version of the Multi Platform Integrated Development Environment (MPIDE for short) for your particular operating System: A Detailed step-by-step procedure for installing the software is available at the following links, based on your OS:
- Windows® installation instructions
- Mac™ OS X installation instructions
- Linux™ installation instructions
For advanced usersThe links mentioned below take you to the list of previous versions of releases and files.
- The download buttons on the top of this page links directly to the latest versions of build releases and downloads it on your computer. If you would like to view the previous build and test releases, please go to http://chipkit.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html.
- You can find the history of source files in the Github repository https://github.com/chipKIT32/chipKIT32-MAX.
2. Learn the basicsNext step is to get familiar with the programming tools. Here are a couple of resources to help get you started:
- The MPIDE Quick Start Guide - Here’s a tutorial that will walk you through some of the basic features of the MPIDE software environment.
- Using Third Party Libraries - This important tutorial will demonstrate how you can download and use libraries that a manufacturer will generally make available for any expansion hardware they have created for the chipKIT™ or Arduino™ platforms.
- chipKIT Libraries - List of libraries that can be included in the sketch while you code.
- chipKIT core functions - These are library functions that are inherently included in your MPIDE and doesnt need to be included in your sketch.
3. Participate in the chipKIT CommunityIf you look to the right menu on this website, you will notice a section at the top called “Categories”. This section will feature a number of resources contributed by the chipKIT team and the chipKIT Community. These include:
- and other resources
At the bottom of the right menu on this page is a link to register to become a member of the chipKIT community. Sign up today so that you can post your own content and help this community grow!