You bought your board; how do you get started? Here’s some direction.
1. Install a chipKIT-compatible IDE
Go to the Install chipKIT Software page for various IDE options.
2. Learn the basics
Get familiar with the programming tools using some resources below:
- The MPIDE Quick Start Guide – Here’s a tutorial that will walk you through some of the basic features of the MPIDE software environment.
- Using Third Party Libraries – This important tutorial will demonstrate how you can download and use libraries that a manufacturer will generally make available for any expansion hardware they have created for the chipKIT™ or Arduino™ platforms.
- chipKIT Libraries – List of libraries that can be included in the sketch while you code.
- chipKIT core functions – These are library functions that are inherently included in your MPIDE and doesnt need to be included in your sketch.
3. chipKIT Community Resources
If you look to the right menu on this website, you will notice a section at the top called “Categories”. This section will feature a number of resources contributed by the chipKIT team and the chipKIT Community. These include:
- and other resources