chipKIT Embedded Community Posting Instructions.
Note: There is no need to pick categories, add SEO settings or pick formatting. The moderators will do that for you before the post goes live
- Login from the right sidebar.
- The top navigation bar in black above the header will have extra options, than when you view this website without logging in.
- Clicking on chipKIT Development Platform in the top navigation bar, will let you switch between Dashboard of the website and the website itself.
- To create a post directly, click on the drop-down menu “Post”, as shown below.
- Enter the title of your post in the top bar of the editor.
- Some detailed information on writing a post or page using WordPress can be found here.
- Enter the main content of your post in the main section of the editor.
- If the “Visual” tab is set, you will be using the WYSIWYG editor
- If the “Text” tab is set, you will be using the HTML editor
- To add codes in a post, select Text editor. Insert the tag <pre> before starting of the code and after the code part insert the tag </pre>. More information on writing code in your post can be found here.
- You can add media such as video or images by clicking on the Add Media button at the top left of the editor and following the instructions that come up.
- If you want to insert a link that directs to a page other than in this chipKIT website, select the Open link in new tab option as shown below while clicking on insert link option.
- Once your content is added, you can save it by clicking on “Save to Draft” under the Publish section on the top right and/or preview it by clicking on “Preview”.
- If you are happy with how your post looks, click on the “Submit for Review” button under the Publish section.
- If by any chance your post is not appearing on the website after being published by the admin or by you, it could be that
Summary of roles:
A Role defines a set of tasks a user assigned the role is allowed to perform. Each role name links to the detailed information on the tasks they can do. The default role assigned to a member of chipKIT community, is Contributor role.
- Administrator – somebody who has access to all the administration features within a single site.
- Editor – somebody who can publish and manage posts including the posts of other users.
- Author – somebody who can publish and manage their own posts.
- Contributor – somebody who can write and manage their own posts but cannot publish them.
Share and Enjoy
We want to hear from you, the chipKIT Embedded Platform community and see your projects in action. As such, here are some instructions and guidelines on how to post.