Pic32 libraries

Emiliop

Pic32 libraries

Post by Emiliop » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:58 pm

Hi! I'm new in this forum!
I want to ask You if anyone has the same problem of me.
I have a MAC and i try to install the peripheral library for MPLAB IDE of pic32 but when i try to do it the software immediately closes.
Can You help me?

Thanks

EmbeddedMan

Re: Pic32 libraries

Post by EmbeddedMan » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:52 pm

Emiliop-

Which peripheral libraries for MPIDE are you trying to install?

Note that MPIDE has been been superseded by chipKIT-core for some time now, and is no longer supported.

*Brian

Jacob Christ

Post by Jacob Christ » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:47 pm

There are some issues with MPIDE where you have to delete the preferences.txt file due to incompatibility between versions. I don't know if this is related. You would usually see this issue when downgrading MPIDE, but sometimes when upgrading.

Jacob
PONTECH Quick240 an industrial form factor platform for chipKIT and Arduino users.

majenko
Site Admin

Post by majenko » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:12 pm

It sounds like you are trying to install either MLA or Harmony for use with MPLAB. Neither of those are supported by us - for that you will need to ask on the Microchip forums.

We support using the Arduino IDE or UECIDE (and historically MPIDE, which often gets confused with MPLAB since it starts with the same letters) and the chipKIT core. Microchip's tools are supported by Microchip, not us (since we aren't experts in them since we have little to do with them).
Why not visit my shop? http://majenko.co.uk/catalog
Universal IDE: http://uecide.org
"I was trying to find out if it was possible to only eat one Jaffa Cake. I had to abandon the experiment because I ran out of Jaffa Cakes".