Work prioritization by the chipKIT core development team
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2165
- Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:51 pm
- Location: UK
You can use any of PIC32 __PIC32 or __PIC32__ - the choice is yours. The three are provided purely because some people are used to using ARCH, some __ARCH and others __ARCH__ from ancient times. Personally I use __ARCH__ as it is more obviously a compiler-defined symbol a opposed to something more local.
My personal underscore / capitalisation preference is:
- __SYMBOL__ = compiler defined
- __SYMBOL = core defined
- _SYMBOL = library or include-local define
- _symBol = Class (library) member variable
- SYMBOL = local or other "normal" program define
- symBol = local or other "normal" program variable
Note that I am a fan of camelCase and think that people who still insist on using Hungarian notation should be shot. usI gulLike bMy uspPrograms ubTo crBe udReadable.
- Posts: 723
- Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 6:34 am
- Location: Southern California
+1 on people who still insist on using Hungarian notation should be shot.
I do use it from time to time, because I would rather not mix metaphors when maintaining someone elses code.
an industrial form factor platform for chipKIT