chipKIT with PIC32MZ

Let us know what you think about the chipKIT, and what can be done to make it better!
strim

chipKIT with PIC32MZ

Post by strim » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:55 pm

Hi.

Last few days I've been reading about the upcoming PIC32MZ chips. They really look awesome. I bet someone is already thinking of it, but having chipKIT boards based on one of these beasts would be great...

strim

majenko
Site Admin

Re: chipKIT with PIC32MZ

Post by majenko » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:02 am

Designs involving the PIC32MZ chips are in fact in progress. I know, because I am designing one ;)
Why not visit my shop? http://majenko.co.uk/catalog
Universal IDE: http://uecide.org
"I was trying to find out if it was possible to only eat one Jaffa Cake. I had to abandon the experiment because I ran out of Jaffa Cakes".

guymc

Post by guymc » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:50 am

I believe there are several such boards in development...

neslekkim

Post by neslekkim » Fri May 09, 2014 12:53 pm

No boards that has taken physical form yet?

guymc

Post by guymc » Fri May 09, 2014 6:54 pm

Actually, the first MZ-based chipKIT boards are rolling out of production this week. First out will be an MZ version of the WF32 from Digilent. There is also an Uno-style board in development. I expect we will hear an announcement about the availability of these boards very soon.

Incidentally, several chipKIT team members have put a lot of work into the software framework to support PIC32MZ. It has truly been a cooperative effort. I'm really excited about the high performance, and best-in-class networking support that is just around the corner.

Cheers

jsaily

Post by jsaily » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:30 pm

I'm very interested to try the Chipkit framework (still Arduino-like?) for PIC32MZ because the MPLAB Harmony framework by Microchip is just terrible. I just don't get it why Microchip does not provide a similar peripheral library to new devices. This has been the verdict of our software guys too who have tried to convert old PIC32MX code to the new Olimex PIC32MZ boards... I hope the framework does not slow down the performance too much like with PIC32MX.