I actually doubt this is something you could easily fix, but it seems like the upload time is quite long.
I compared upload time between an Uno32 and a LeafLabs Maple. The program was not exactly the same, I had to change one function. I changed it from a clock cycles to milliseconds function to the pow function, with a variable in it to make sure it doesn't get optimized out.
Time from clicked Upload to "Done uploading"
Maple: ~6.4 seconds
Uno32: ~12.5 seconds
They both have 128KB flash memory, and the Maple has 20KB SRAM, while the Uno32 has 16KB.
The final code size (as reported from the IDE) is 15904 for the Maple and 14928 for the Uno32.
So, almost twice the upload time, for slightly less memory used. I didn't do this test to make the Maple sound good, I did it because it's (IMHO) a fair comparison, and the Uno32 upload time seems long.
EDIT: Wrong flash size on Maple. It's 128KB, not 120KB.
Let us know what you think about the chipKIT, and what can be done to make it better!
1 post • Page 1 of 1