Useless forum software

Let us know if there are categories or topics to add, or what we need to do to improve these forums!
Ganapoes

Re: Useless forum software

Post by Ganapoes » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:05 am

Perhaps I've misunderstood the nature of the forum ... is this an official chipKIT site, or is it something personal/independent?

EmbeddedMan

Post by EmbeddedMan » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:55 pm

It doesn't get any more official than this! At least as far as forums are concerned. All of the open source hardware chipKIT dev team regularly visits this forum and tries to provide as much help as they can. Official releases are announced here. Etc.

*Brian

EmbeddedMan

Post by EmbeddedMan » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:46 pm

So the _exact_ same question got asked 2 posts above, which I tried to answer accurately. Was my answer not clear? It is not personal, it is not independent. Since chipKIT is open source hardware, it doesn't have a 'company' per se behind it running and controlling everything. All of the various parties contribute to the success of the design. This forum is run by the same people that designed and build the chipKIT, so it is as close to an official forum as you're going to see.

*Brian

jasonk

Post by jasonk » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:17 am

Hi Brian,

It looks like all of the posts from that account were duplicates of other messages in the corresponding thread. Must be a spambot... banned!
Jason Kajita
Microchip Technology
Follow me on Twitter

EmbeddedMan

Post by EmbeddedMan » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:07 am

Dang it! And I thought I was smart enough to catch that. Lesson learned.

*Brian

Jacob Christ

Post by Jacob Christ » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:55 pm

jasonk wrote:Hi Brian,

It looks like all of the posts from that account were duplicates of other messages in the corresponding thread. Must be a spambot... banned!
How devious. :twisted:
PONTECH Quick240 an industrial form factor platform for chipKIT and Arduino users.

Adriel

Post by Adriel » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:10 pm

Its a thecnical. I used it. Its a common softwaer. Its a easy way for every time. I hope all users are like it.
http://www.alacraft.com.au/

majenko
Site Admin

Post by majenko » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:06 am

If you don't like the way the forum works, why don't you write your own forum software and give it to the ChipKit admins - maybe they will adopt it.
Why not visit my shop? http://majenko.co.uk/catalog
Universal IDE: http://uecide.org
"I was trying to find out if it was possible to only eat one Jaffa Cake. I had to abandon the experiment because I ran out of Jaffa Cakes".